Find A Provider




 

About FMCH

About FMCH

Fort Madison Community Hospital has a long history of excellence in health care. What began as Sacred Heart Hospital, operated by the Sisters of the Third Order of Saint Francis from 1912 to 1977, became Fort Madison Community Hospital when the building and equipment were sold for $1.00 to a non-profit Board of Directors. It was in 1986 that the ground breaking of the current location along Highway 61 was held. In May of 1987 the new 58,000 square foot hospital and adjoining office building was dedicated. Since then there have been multiple additions and improvements made to the facility making it a state of the art health care system complete with newly remodeled, private in-patient rooms; expanded surgery center; themed BirthPlace rooms; Wound Center; 23,500 square foot Outpatient Rehabilitation Services Center; enhanced Radiology department and a functional business center with three conference rooms.

Fort Madison Physicians & Surgeons Clinics are an intimate part of FMCH. FMP&S employs 27 health care providers, bringing quality health care to all of our patients from newborn to geriatrics. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Patient Stories

"A very good facility, we are recommending you."...

View All Stories >>